DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 7: Panel with Walter Bright and Andrei Alexandrescu

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Wed May 22 06:44:09 PDT 2013

Eh, official definition of "breaking change" keeps breaking my
heart. But I guess this is a mindset set in stone now and
changing it is close to impossible.

One positive thing to add, though: a question was asked about
automatic tools that can make required changes automatically when
something breaking is introduced. Starting if next release
standard flag will appear that will list all places in code that
are subject to specific behavior change:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2039