spam & trolls

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed May 22 13:51:33 PDT 2013

We occasionally get a drive-by hosing with spam and trolling. Fortunately, not
very often.

When I see them, I just delete them from the server. If I miss one, please email
me about it.

Please do not reply to those posts. That's what they want. It confirms to them
that they have an audience. It spreads their contagion, especially when your
reply quotes the posts. I delete replies, too, as a general rule.

If you want to talk about spam, start a new thread. Don't reply in the spam or
troll threads, don't quote them, don't reply with "do not feed the trolls"
posts, don't acknowledge them in any way.

Oh, and I don't mind occasional off-topic posts from forum regulars.