dmd 2.063 beta 5

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Thu May 23 08:08:38 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 23 May 2013 at 09:35:03 UTC, Timothee Cour wrote:
> I wish dustmite could be improved to 'run the last mile' by
> attempting to
> merge files:
> a.d:
> import b;
> b.d:
> import c;
> c.d:
> //some stuff
>
> dustmite should attempt to merge such files and reduce to:
> a.d
> // some stuff

Added!
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/commit/24ebc57858168c9fe4dea99e859ac6ccadab685c

It's been asked before, I think. It should work for simple cases
(when the program can compile after all files' contents is moved
into one single file). The obstacles with making it more flexible
are that 1) to merge every pair of files, it would have to try
N*(N-1) combinations; 2) it doesn't know which file is the "main"
program file (the file which must be present for the test script
to succeed), if there is one.