DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 5: Using D Alongside a Game Engine by Manu Evans

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu May 23 04:52:57 PDT 2013

On 23 May 2013 15:54, Brad Anderson <eco at gnuk.net> wrote:

> On Thursday, 23 May 2013 at 03:56:00 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 May 2013 02:08:15 +0200
>> "Brad Anderson" <eco at gnuk.net> wrote:
>>
>>> and one of the games featured prominently was Quantum Break by Manu's
>>> very own Remedy Games.  Any chance the system you described in your talk is
>>> being used for Quantum Break, Manu?  XBox One is x86 and I can't think of a
>>> reason you couldn't be using dmd on it.
>>>

>> That would certainly be interesting to hear. Although unless they've
>> secretly had two AAA games in development, I imagine we can make a
>> pretty safe guess.
>>

> Looking at their release history it doesn't look like they work on
> multiple titles at the same time (several years between each major title).
>  Quantum Break doesn't come out until 2014 so I think it's a safe bet to
> say they are using D for a game featured prominently during a major console
> announcement. Very cool.

It's awesome that Quantum Break is finally announced!
And super awesome that they saw fit to feature it in Microsoft's Xbox One
unveiling conference, right alongside Forza, Halo and Call of Duty
announcements!
That's a big deal! Unveiling of a new console is massive in the games
industry, it's like, an octa-annual event, and generates a lot of hype :)