dmd 2.063 beta 5

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu May 23 10:06:44 PDT 2013

On 5/23/13 11:07 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 May 2013 at 14:58:01 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Seems like const qualifier for members is simply ignored inside the
>> ctor, it should only be ignored until it is set, or until it is used.
>
> I am quite sure I have seen it (mutability of immutable in constructor)
> guaranteed either by spec or TDPL. Don't have TDPL with me right now,
> need to check later.

TDPL 8.4 discusses a raw/cooked model of construction. The same
principle should apply to const/immutable member construction: you get
to cook the field, but you can't taste it while raw.

The presence of an initializer with the immutable/const member
declaration serves as a default in case the member is not explicitly
initialized.

Andrei