DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 6: Concurrent Garbage Collection for D by Leandro Lucarella

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri May 24 12:44:01 PDT 2013

On Friday, May 24, 2013 20:30:54 Juan Manuel Cabo wrote:

> I know that this is slightly offtopic, since the topic lately
> seems to be how to make the GC run generationally or with small
> footprint (don't stop the world, etc.).
>
> I'd like to know if there is interest in a precise garbage
> collector.

There is interest in it, and Rainer Schütze did a talk on it at DConf. At the
current pace (assuming that Andrei actually posts one on Monday even though
it's a federal holiday in the US), it'll be posted on June 3rd (and if he
skips Monday, then it'll probably be June 5th). And actually, the precise GC
changes stand a much better chance of making it into druntime in the short
term than any concurrency changes do.

- Jonathan M Davis