DConf 2013 Day 2 Talk 1: GDC by Iain Buclaw

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri May 24 15:20:42 PDT 2013

On 24 May 2013 12:02, Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
> It's there!
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1eyq5z/dconf_2013_day_2_talk_1_gdc_by_iain_buclaw/
>

> Andrei

Errata:  David Nadlinger - the way it determines whether or not to
emulate TLS is at the configure stage, where it tests if the assembler
has support for it.  If no, then TLS is emulated.  So the correct
answer would be:  It's not something handled by the compiler, if the
runtime support TLS, that is good, but we also require support in the
assembler also.  If support is there then it should be plain sailing.
I don't follow development of the GNU toolchain for Windows, but so
far as I know it isn't... yet.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';