DConf 2013 Day 2 Talk 1: GDC by Iain Buclaw

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri May 24 15:45:34 PDT 2013

On Friday, 24 May 2013 at 22:20:54 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Errata:  David Nadlinger - the way it determines whether or not
> emulate TLS is at the configure stage, where it tests if the
> assembler
> has support for it.  If no, then TLS is emulated.  So the
> correct
> answer would be:  It's not something handled by the compiler,
> if the
> runtime support TLS, that is good, but we also require support
> in the
> assembler also.  If support is there then it should be plain
> sailing.
> I don't follow development of the GNU toolchain for Windows,
> but so
> far as I know it isn't... yet.

We (LDC) use the GNU as on MinGW as well, as the LLVM integrated
assembler doesn't support emitting the Dwarf EH tables into COFF
files yet. So, you should be good to go in theory, although the
target config handling code you mentioned might also need some
adaption – I haven't really looked at that part of GCC at all yet.

David