dmd 2.063 beta 5

TommiT tommitissari at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 00:32:14 PDT 2013

On Friday, 24 May 2013 at 13:54:21 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> There is an option to prohibit initializers for struct member
> declarations at all and allow CTFE-able default constructors
> instead, but that would have been a major change.

I don't see a reason why we couldn't have both ways (1. member
initializers and 2. CTFE-able default constructor) for defining
the init state of structs. Probably the sensible thing would be
to make all member initializers illegal iff a default constructor
has been defined for a struct. I'd be interested in seeing a
proper feature request discussion about this in a dedicated forum
or at bugzilla.