dmd 2.063 released with 260 bugfixes and enhancements

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu May 30 08:16:28 PDT 2013

Hello,

We are pleased to announce that dmd 2.063, the reference compiler of the
D programming language, is now available for download for OSX, Windows,
and a variety of Unixen:

http://dlang.org/download.html

This release brings unprecedented progress over the previous ones, owing
to a explosive increase in collaboration and a concerted ongoing effort
to improve process. In all, we've added 260 distinct improvements over
the exactly 100 days that passed since 2.062. They address language
definition issues, fix bugs in the compiler and standard library, or add
new standard library artifacts. For the full story, mosey to the
redesigned changelog:

http://dlang.org/changelog.html

which itemizes all improvements and offers rationale and examples
wherever appropriate.

We'll be looking forward for the gdc and ldc compilers to adapt the
2.063 reference front-end to the gcc and llvm backends, respectively.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all contributors for this
release, which is a massive accomplishment and a resolute step toward
fully realizing D's potential. Let's keep up the good work!

Til next time,

Andrei