dmd 2.063 released with 260 bugfixes and enhancements

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu May 30 18:50:51 PDT 2013

On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 01:36:15 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> That's more-or-less what already happens, the only difference
> is that
> (to my knowledge) there's no link to it on the downloads page.
>
> Although, we probably could use more time between "all known
> regressions
> in beta fixed" and the actual release. Usually it's just the
> next day.

Yes, but because there's no link on the main page and no
installer, the RC's are effectively closed to the public because
only people in the know will go through the trouble to get the
RC's and install them.

I'm only talking about when the next release gets very to release
should something like this be done. It'll make installing a new
release far less risky business when it goes final. It'll improve
confidence in the final product and further reduce or completely
eliminate nasty surprises.

IMO doing this will have a similar positive effect like as we've
seen with the improved release log.

--rt