dmd 2.063 released with 260 bugfixes and enhancements

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Fri May 31 01:11:34 PDT 2013

I want to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who has been
involved in doing this release. It is a major breakthrough in D
development and release process and a solid step towards truly
mature project.

Really, a lot of small but important changes have just happened
that make this release extra awesome:

1) It was a great pleasure to see real project authors coming to
beta list and calling problems found by their code out loud
before release is made. It is how it was intended to work and it
finally works.

2) Judging by tags in D repos, new release versioning scheme is
making its way into being adopted and used. That means that those
few regression not caught by beta can be fixed now and release as
2.063.2, no need to wait for 2.064 and suffer. Awesome.

3) Final decision about major breaking bug fix is surprisingly
wise and close to well-define transition process I have been
asking for so long. (If you have missed it, it looks like this:
"release n: warning, release n+1: deprecation, release n+2: new
behavior") Resolution if this problem alone is a major step
towards proud title of stable and mature project and I hope it
won't be a rare exception ;)

4) Changelog. It rocks. It fulfills my deeply hidden desires.
Andrej, you have done an astonishing job here.

Yay!