dmd 2.063 released with 260 bugfixes and enhancements

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Fri May 31 04:44:15 PDT 2013

On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 09:08:17 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> This is just plain and completely wrong. I don't know many
> big-ish
> opensource projects that doesn't have release candidates, and I
> haven't
> see any "distribution" targeted at end users using release
> candidates.
>
> Have you ever see a Linux distribution shipping an rc kernel
> (that is
> not only installable by explicit user action) for example?

Oh, I have meant it completely other way around - if some release
is made available through common channels it does not matter if
it is called "beta" or "RC", people will just start using it.
Remember the issue with UDA syntax?

In mature projects RC does not differ that much from actual
release other than by extra regression fixes. But for D process
is not THAT smooth enough and it will take some time to settle
things down.