dmd 2.063 released with 260 bugfixes and enhancements

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Fri May 31 10:02:02 PDT 2013

Dicebot, el 31 de May a las 16:21 me escribiste:
> On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 14:08:17 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> >And I don't mean to minimize the incredible breakthrough
> >concerning the
> >release process in this cycle, just pointing out places were we
> >can
> >still do better :)
>
> Btw, I have included minor version number into Arch Linux package
> version, may suggest other packagers to do the same. Version string
> shown by DMD front-end itself is not that important as spec
> shouldn't change within minor versions. Still may be useful though.

For users it is. I want to know if the compiler I'm used is the latest
with all critical bugfixes included or not. Remember that if we are
going massive, we can't count anymore on user installing their compilers
themselves anymore. People will start just doing an apt-get install dmd,
or even have it preinstalled, and it should be easy for them to know
exactly what release they are using.