D meetup in Minnesota

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun Nov 3 16:03:21 PST 2013

On Friday, 1 November 2013 at 20:02:10 UTC, Jack Pope wrote:
> We are now up to 17 in the group.  I should schedule a meetup.
> Perhaps initially something short, say library linking tips.
> Then, we can banter about topics/speakers for later.
>
> Vladimir, what dates are you in town and will noon or evening
> work?  Maybe you could present your DConf material?

Hi,

I'll be around Minneapolis (in Eagan) for all of November, with
the possible exception of one week (TBD if/when) during which I
might take a dip down to LA.

The biggest limiting factor is that I can't drive here. So, if
someone could pick me up, practically any time I'm here is fine
for me. Otherwise we'll need to find a day that works for
everyone.

I could redo my DConf talk if you're interested, although I don't
think I'd have much to add since May. Or, I could talk about
memory management in D: garbage collection, structure and history
of the D GC, related tools, best practices, and latest
developments. Some of this was covered by the two DConf GC
presentations.

What will the format and duration of the meetup be? A
presentation in an auditorium somewhere, or like a
dinner/gathering?