dmd 2.064 release candidate 1

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Mon Nov 4 04:21:33 PST 2013

Walter Bright, el  4 de November a las 02:57 me escribiste:
> On 11/4/2013 12:35 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> >You might want to name the release candidates properly and uniquely, just as you
> >started to do with the betas.
>
> It'll follow the 2.063 pattern.

You mean after this release it will be named 2.064.1, etc? Then don't
call it a release candidate, is confusing. If is really an rc (which
since you don't want to make an official announcement yet, I guess it
is), please do what you did with the betas. All the same reasons to name
the betas uniquely apply to release candidates. Just change beta1 with
rc1 and make everybody happy. Is just one more little step! :)

Please, please, please, never, ever overwrite released packages (betas
and rc included) with a new one. You should consider them read-only
after you create and publish them.

Then be consistent with how you announce the releases (beta, rc, final)
and the version numbers you are using.

Thanks!