dmd 2.064 release candidate 1

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Nov 4 10:01:36 PST 2013

On 11/4/2013 4:17 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-11-04 11:58, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> They'll be dropped from the zip file. I don't have the equipment to
>> build them at the moment.
>
> Will FreeBSD be dropped?

Absolutely not. We just don't have a download package for it (this is not a new
development).

> We never have had 64bit binaries but the 32bit? Can't
> you just setup a virtual machine?

I've had a virtual machine setup at one point, but those things require
significant time to set up and to keep them from breaking (my virtual machine
setups all broke when I upgraded Ubuntu).

What I'd like is someone to become the "build master" who will get Brad's
autotester to automatically and routinely build each platform install package.

This will also have the effect of better dealing with the constant breakage of
the scripts that build those packages.