dmd 2.064.2

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Tue Nov 5 14:41:17 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:36:43 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:24:14 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> On 11/5/2013 2:21 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>>> What's up with the Windows installer?  It appears to be using
>>> an old version
>>> without all the improvements I've been making but with some
>>> new changes added.
>>
>> It should be using the one on the 2.064 branch on github. Can
>> you check that?
>
> "[2.064 branch] is 2 commits ahead and 9 commits behind master"
>
> So it's definitely missing some stuff in the branch itself but
> what you put up is also definitely not what is in the 2.064
> branch either.  There should be several sections:
>
> - D2
>   - cURL Support
>   - Detect MSVC
>   - Add to PATH
> - D1
>   - Add to PATH
> - dmc
>   - Add to PATH
> - Start Menu Shortcuts
> - Visual D
>
> But in the one you put up there is just:
> - dmd
>   - cURL support
>   - Add to PATH
> - dmc
>   - Add to PATH
> - Start menu items
>
> Normally it's an internet installer too but isn't this time
> (not a bad thing but not normal either).  It also uninstalls
> DMD before it installs which the current installer doesn't do.
> I have no idea where you got this version.

Figured it out.  You used linux/win/installer.nsi.  I have no
idea why that exists and what it is for.  Jordi has been making a
lot of changes to it but I have no idea what the purpose of it
is.  Maybe he should start doing pull requests like everyone else
so people know what's going on with the repo.