Visual D 0.3.37 released

Alexander Bothe info at alexanderbothe.com
Wed Nov 6 00:25:09 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 05:09:58 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Note: I saw Alexander Bothe released an update to the parser
> one day after
> your release... ;)

Sure, there have been a couple of critical regression bugs in the
parser engine.
Furthermore, I re-enabled the ufcs completion.

Rainer, I somehow really recommend to provide a more frequent way
to update the D_Parser.dll - just to provide a way to fix e.g.
completion issues without having to recompile/package/upload the
entire VisualD setup.

An automated build system which simply calls
git pull
and
xbuild DParser2/DParser2.csproj
already suffices. I could insert a push hook into the repo which
is executed then in order to inform the build system to do a
rebuild.

It also was possible to execute Unittests first, so in the case
that there are some regression bugs (as it happened just
recently), it simply won't be distributed.

Finally, a small webserver providing the built dll (or a zip of
it) and a check whether there's an update available will
passively distribute the dll to all clients. Not to forget some
security things like hash check or encryption etc.

Also, the D_Parser.dll could be put into the AppData/Roaming
folder, so no admin rights are needed for a parser update.

What do you think about this?