Visual D 0.3.37 released

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 09:37:34 PST 2013

On 7 November 2013 02:05, Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 06/11/2013 14:39, Manu wrote:
>
>> For instance, it seems a shame to have .visualdproj, and .dproj files
>> separate and incompatible. .csproj files are the same between VS and MD,
>> I wonder if the same is possible for D with collaboration?
>>

> The best approach here is to support an IDE-independent project
> configuration standard. And Dub is a good choice to go with this approach.

I use premake, but that's not the point.
The point here is that MonoDevelop is a blatant VisualStudio clone, and it
supports VS .sln and .csproj files, it would seem nice to continue that
compatibility between VS and MD for D too. The compilers are the same with
the same features and options, so there's no good reason for the project's
to differ, which are both just xml files, but structured slightly
differently while containing the same settings.