dmd package numbering scheme - Build Master wanted

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Nov 6 13:25:47 PST 2013

There have been a lot of comments about the package naming scheme and numbering
scheme. I confess that these issues do not seem that important to me, as the
user just clicks on a url, but I recognize that they are very important to others.

This is why I believe that D needs a Build Master. This person needs to be
someone who ensures that the packages are all properly built, the build scripts
work, the versions are done right, the git tags are done, etc., and takes pride
in it being done to perfection.

(Note that because dmd changes constantly, and the operating system targets also
change constantly, the package build scripts constantly break.)

Eventually, I'd like at least the package builds to be done automatically by
Brad's autotester. But someone still needs to make sure it is working properly
and keeps working properly.