dmd 2.064.2

Tove tove at fransson.se
Thu Nov 7 09:03:06 PST 2013

On Thursday, 7 November 2013 at 16:25:47 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 November 2013 at 08:58:50 UTC, tester wrote:
>> how do make that comiler work?
>> [Issue 11457] New: Cannot compile 64bit apps with Visual
>> Studio 2013
>>
>> this is a desaster for me. was that release tested? if i amand
>> the pathes and run as admin or not - it will not find the libs
>> (user32)
>>
>> windoes8.1, visual studio2013, 64bit
>
> This never worked automatically before so I don't know how this
> could suddenly be a disaster. In this release the installer
> makes an attempt to detect your VC++ and SDK installation and
> fix up sc.ini to point to them.  It's brand new and only a few
> people responded to my call for help testing it. Post your
> sc.ini and the paths to your Windows 8.1 SDK and Visual C++
> 2013 installation.

I run 32bit win7 with VS2013 so I normally do not test
cross-compiling with -m64.

The installer correctly found my installation directories:
VCINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\
WindowsSdkDir=C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.1\

But I needed to add the follwing to PATH(in order to find
mspdb120.dll)
%VCINSTALLDIR%\bin

And the following to LIB, in order to find shell32.lib
LIB=%LIB%;"%WindowsSdkDir%\Lib\winv6.3\um\x64"

Hope it helps.