Running D in the Java VM

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Nov 15 06:32:55 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-15 at 09:44 +0200, Rory McGuire wrote:
[…]
> Nice one, I have to use Java at work, it would be awesome if I didn't have
> to.
> Would be cool if you make it so that the outputs to java are just trasforms
> of the AST that way people could write other types of output such as C.

Just use Scala, Ceylon, Kotlin or statically compiled Groovy instead of
Java. Everyone I know who has ever tried it has never looked back.

Management can be handled easily since all the languages interwork well
with Java, so change over to a new language is incremental, it does not
require a revolution.

Java is dead, long live the JVM.

--
Russel.