Facebook puts bounties on bugs in the D programming language implementation

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Nov 15 18:13:57 PST 2013

On 11/15/2013 5:40 PM, Brian Rogoff wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 November 2013 at 00:45:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> How do you mean that? The budget is of course much larger than that. I'd just
>> started assigning it.
>>
>> Andrei
>
> What's going to be the bounty for getting a precise GC in D? Is it even fair to
> say there's a single bounty hunter?
>
> OK, OK, just kidding! I think it's great that FB does this.

It's not restricted to FB. Using the site
https://www.bountysource.com/trackers/383571-d-programming-language any outfit
(or individual!) using D that wants to encourage the community to fix a
particular bug can post any bounty they like there.

Sometimes companies do ask me if there is a way they can "give back" to the D
community (since we make free software), and this is a great way to do it.