Cerealed v0.2.0 - a(nother) D serialisation library

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Nov 19 03:51:21 PST 2013

On 2013-11-19 09:19, Rory McGuire wrote:

> Thanks. I believe that is the example that made me think that its main
> purpose was for archiving.
>
> So is an Archive actually a serialization driver? Can one make a
> protobuf driver or a hessian driver?

Yes, that should be possible. It depends on how the data looks like. The
upcoming std.serialization version will relax quite a lot of the
requirements of the archiver. That means more archivers can be implemented.

> Are the serializers able to stream data, with something like a range
> interface?

No, unfortunately not. I'm working on including Orange into Phobos as
std.serialization. That version will have a range API.

--
/Jacob Carlborg