Running D in the Java VM

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Fri Nov 22 05:36:07 PST 2013

On Friday, 22 November 2013 at 12:45:19 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-11-22 06:30, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>  that Google leaves to the developers the effort of
>> creating the JNI wrappers themselves, instead of providing a
>> nice C++
>> API for them.
>
> I guess they want their developers to use Java. Otherwise they
> would have made C++ a first class citizens and not force C++ to
> go through Java.

Certainly, that is also one of the reasons why they have come up
with Renderscript and are now moving to native compiled Java post
KitKat.

I don't have any issue with Java and do like the language, but it
has lost its place if you care about portable code across mobile
platforms.

Hence why I am using C++, as it is the only common language
across all SDKs thus requiring minimal setup to get going.

--
Paulo