DConf 2014 Call for Submissions is now open

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 04:14:38 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 14:37:11 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 05:44:36 UTC, Jonathan M
> Davis wrote:
>> And now I have to wrack my brain for ideas. :) I could
>> probably answer
>> questions about D all day, but coming up with something useful
>> to talk about
>> on my own never seems to be as easy as it should be...
>
> I had some until I have started to think about "Credentials:
> What qualifies you to talk on the topic of choice?". Have
> honestly answered "Nothing" and closed the page. :)
>
> Will try my best to get there as a visitor this time though.

Wrong way of thinking, IMHO - most people who do talks on
conferences are not the superexperts on some field...
Furthermore, sometimes people are less qualified do better talks
as they focus more on "presenting" something to the audience. So
you do not have to be superqualified, but you have to:
1) like the thing you are presenting
2) be good at presenting

Cheers!