DUB 0.9.20

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Fri Nov 29 18:58:50 PST 2013

Am 30.11.2013 03:21, schrieb Puming:
> On Saturday, 30 November 2013 at 02:16:50 UTC, Puming wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, 29 November 2013 at 17:02:22 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>>
>>> - Builds are now cached and only rebuilt when necessary for "dub build"
>>>   and "dub run".
>>
>> When I build a vibe project, and edit the app.d and then build again,
>> an error occurs:
>>
>> -------------
>> Checking dependencies in '/media/sf_github/dsp'
>> Error: Orphan format specifier: %File '%s' was modified in the future.
>> Please re-save.
>> -------------
>
> Sorry, this seems to be caused by a time problem in my share folder.
> please ignore it.

I've fixed the log message though, so it should read now just "File
'...' was modified in the future. Please re-save."

>> But after I do a `ls` command (or other commands) and then `dub`
>> again, it went ok again.
>>
>> Another thing to note is when app.d is modified, dub recompiles all
>> the *.dt files, is that the case?
>
> Does dub support increment compiling?

This is planned, but (AFAIK) this is not yet possible in an optimal way
due to how DMD emits symbols to object files. Currently the only
reliable way to build incrementally is to compile a single file at a
time, but this is very inefficient compared to compiling multiple files
in one go.

A middle ground, which will be added in one of the next versions, is to
build and cache each dependency as a separate static library. But this
will still always build each complete package in one go, so all
templates as well.