Pragmatic D Tutorial

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Oct 7 12:47:13 PDT 2013

On Monday, 7 October 2013 at 19:34:11 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
> while I got a chuckle out of "D is what C++ wanted to be.", I
> might omit this. Insulting C++ isn't likely a great way to
> attract the C++ crowd, which is one of our major target
> audiences.

Quite the contrary, I can't really imagine many good C++
developers who don't insult this language on their own :) Its
problems are quite well-known and widely accepted.

Though saying that D already _is_ what C++ wanted to be is a bit
ambitious. Probably more appropriate is to say that it was one of
main motivations / design goals.