Pragmatic D Tutorial

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Sun Oct 13 02:42:46 PDT 2013

http://qznc.github.io/d-tut/basics.html
You make it sound like linking with C++ libraries is an easy
task. I think, I know how to express difference between C++ and
D: newer versions of C++ can compile legacy C++ code, while D
drops C++ compatibility for language redesign, which leads to
very limited compatibility with C++, but reasonably retains C
ecosystem. C++ ecosystem is the feature of C++, similar to Java,
this often outweighs purely linguistic features. This can be
added to the "Criticism" section.

http://qznc.github.io/d-tut/debugging.html
The template syntax wasn't introduces at this point.

Unfortunately, there is no logging module in the standard library
as of October 2013.
Such materials tend to bit rot, so it's better to mention the
date.

-gc switch may be needed for the debugger to be able to demangle
symbols, though I can't recall for which combination of OS,
platform, compiler and debugger it's needed. I saw it in this
forum, but can't find.

Code examples are without background, which is not as nice as in
the previous version.