Start of dmd 2.064 beta program

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:21:28 PDT 2013

On Monday, 14 October 2013 at 19:17:25 UTC, 1100110 wrote:
> *BOTH* of you write dates in an odd way.
>
> http://xkcd.com/1179/

Amen. ISO 8601 FTW.

The Japanese got it correct natively though. It's year, then
month then day, seperated either by explicit 年月日 (year, month,
day), or by "/" or "-". At university, we mostly used "-".

Well, that's when they don't use their imperial dates :/

On Monday, 14 October 2013 at 20:39:12 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I've chosen to try writing dates using the ISO
>
> 2013-10-14
>
> Always causes confusion, thus leading people to actually figure
> out the numbers. :) Of course programmers don't have an issue
> with it. Sadly, it can't be shortened:
>
> 13-10-14 or 10-14
>
> I'm also ok with 2013/10/14 even though ISO isn't.

It minimum, I try to keep it to "YYYY.*MM.*DD".

Also, when naming files, it sorts automatically, which is always
good. That's how I name my photos anyways: format("%04-%02 -
LOCATION_OR_EVENT - %03", year, month, ++counter).