Start of dmd 2.064 beta program

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Oct 16 14:27:04 PDT 2013

> On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 22:28:41 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 16 October 2013 at 20:19:17 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
>>> That's not a what, that's a who. Would you please elaborate on
>>> the what and why? I haven't seen any obstructionism coming
>>> from anyone in terms of repeating the previous style for this
>>> releases notes.
>>
>> Originally Walter thought it was enough to just list the
>> bugzilla issues.
>
> Yes, but after Andej did the great changelog for 2.063, Walter publicly
> admitted that he had been wrong about the changelog. Andrej showed Walter that
> it _is_ worth doing something more than just a list of bugzilla issues. So, I
> would assume that whatever Andrej is unhappy with Walter for is something
> else.

Oh that was it? I recall Walter and I discussing two unrelated issue
(null pointers and VMs) where I sort of reversed my view and admitted I
considered my previous opinions wrong. He mentioned the changelog, and
said "boy was I wrong about that!"

So Andrej consider yourself vindicated, in public and in private.

Andrei