code.dlang.org now supports categories and search - license information now required

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Thu Oct 17 07:00:04 PDT 2013

Am 17.10.2013 15:28, schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
> On 2013-10-17 14:33, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>
>> "dub publish" sounds like something that may considerably increase the
>> complexity of the command line tool, especially in the long term, and it
>> also increases the coupling to the public registry, whereas now it just
>> needs a very small HTTP API that can be fulfilled by any HTTP file
>> server. So I'd rather want to avoid that if possible.
>
> You could have something like this:
>
> dub publish <git-tag>
>
> Should be much difference compare to how it works now. It would just
> trigger the server to look for that tag, instead of doing it automatically.

Well, the other issue with that is that there is no guarantee that the
server can fulfill the request in a timely manner. It may be busy
getting information about other packages/tags/branches which makes it
impossible to get direct feedback.

What about an e-mail notification, though? Seems like the most natural
channel.