code.dlang.org now supports categories and search

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Thu Oct 17 23:58:55 PDT 2013

Am 18.10.2013 08:47, schrieb Suliman:
> code.dlang.org
>
> Does we should have cats? maybe the organization by tags is better?

You mean like a flat list of tags?

Currently it's something like hierarchical tags. Each package can have
multiple categories, and the specific categories, as well as the
ancestor categories will all match.

But one thing that I'd like to improve is the UI for category selection
and make it hierarchical and step by step (like the path navigation of
e.g. modern Windows Explorer). Also maybe the hierarchy itself could be
improved (it's in a very ad-hoc state), so that there is less redundancy
and selecting multiple tags/categories is used to disambiguate instead.