Start of dmd 2.064 beta program

eles eles at eles.com
Fri Oct 18 00:16:33 PDT 2013

On Friday, 18 October 2013 at 06:36:43 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-10-17 22:35, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>
>> - Walter is still not tagging the beta releases by the file
>> name (it's
>> always dmd2beta.zip). I've complained about this several times
>> and
>> IIRC someone else did as well at dconf (maybe I'm remembering
>> wrong
>> though). They should at least be named as "dmd2_064_beta1.zip",
>> "dmd2_064_beta2.zip". And all of them should always be
>> available for
>> download (including visibility on the download page), so
>> people who do
>> not use Git or build manually from master can quicky check
>> whether a
>> regression was introduced in a specific beta version.
>
> Please make it "dmd.2_064_beta1.zip" and "dmd.2_064_beta2.zip"
> instead. This will automatically make it compatible with DVM.
> The important thing here is "dmd.<whatever>".

IIRC, Walter wanted that file to always be named dmd.zip or
dmd2.zip or whatever, in order to allow a permanent download
link, while guaranteeing the file to be the latest version of the
tool.

In this case, I think the best compromise is simply to have the
latest version download-able either as dmd2.zip and as
dmd2.<version>.zip.