Start of dmd 2.064 beta program

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Sat Oct 19 02:38:40 PDT 2013

Am 18.10.2013 20:45, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> Walter and I frequently think of ways to gently steer people toward
> working on specific items. Votes, categorization, discussions are of
> limited impact. On occasion we've emailed major contributors directly
> and asked politely but point blank if they could look into an issue
> (sometimes something they had an expertise in, or even an issue they had
> caused). The rate of success has been very low. People still love
> working on things, just not on the things they're told to.

I think you should continue to do that. Even if it only has a small
sucess rate. I for example wouldn't have noticed that the stack trace
code I submitted into druntime did cause long startup times for
D-Programms that are run directly from the root of a disk drive if
Walter wouldn't have send me the e-mail with the bug in it. After the
e-mail I even fixed the bug ;-)

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut