Start of dmd 2.064 beta program

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 19 04:29:27 PDT 2013

On Oct 18, 2013 7:45 PM, "Andrei Alexandrescu" <
SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> Walter scrambled to implement UDAs in a rush and breaking protocol in
order to win a corporate D user, Remedy Games. It was a major, exceptional
event. Would you have preferred the protocol to have been followed at the
cost of Remedy?

I would have preferred Remedy working with the community, rather than
talking behind closed doors to those who concern only them.  And I say this
as someone who was part involved before UDAs and the public announcement
came into the picture.

What I did find interesting, in reflection at dconf, was that Manu
countered all arguments (that I could recall) Walter made to keeping the
deprecation in place.

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw