dunit 0.7.0 released

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Oct 21 05:10:13 PDT 2013

On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 11:58:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I confess that I don't understand why anyone is creating any
> unit test
> projects for D, and I'd likely vote against any attempt to add
> such a thing to
> Phobos. D has built in unit testing functionality, and it works
> great. Maybe
> some additional assert-like functions could be useful (similar
> to assertThrown
> or assertNotThrown), but we really don't need much beyond what
> the language
> provides.

Sorry but it feels like you didn't really investigate the topic.
D built-in unit-test facilities are a basic and extendable
framework. Many notable unittest libraries work on top of it
(using custom assert helpers and/or __traits(getUnittests)) being
at the same time perfectly compatible with raw `dmd -unittest
-main -run file.d`.

At the very same time built-in reporting facilities are very
limited and almost any bigger project will want some extension.
Assuming full compatibility with built-in ones and zero external
dependencies I don't see why this can't go to Phobos.