dunit 0.7.0 released

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 21 05:15:40 PDT 2013

On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 11:58:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Monday, October 21, 2013 13:48:16 Dicebot wrote:
>> On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 11:09:25 UTC, ilya-stromberg
>> wrote:
>> > Guys, we have at least 5 (!) different unit test projects!
>> > Can you cooperate your efforts to create one, but wonderful?
>>
>> ...and add it to Phobos review queue ;)
>
> I confess that I don't understand why anyone is creating any
> unit test
> projects for D, and I'd likely vote against any attempt to add
> such a thing to
> Phobos. D has built in unit testing functionality, and it works
> great. Maybe
> some additional assert-like functions could be useful (similar
> to assertThrown
> or assertNotThrown), but we really don't need much beyond what
> the language
> provides.
>
> - Jonathan m Davis

Yes, you are right if we talk about SIMPLE unit tests.
For more complex cases like integration tests you have A LOT of
problems.
It isn't only my opinion - for example, look at the "Higgs, an
Experimental JIT Compiler written in D" Slides from last dconf
(page 57):
http://dconf.org/2013/talks/chevalier_boisvert.html