dunit 0.7.0 released

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Oct 21 08:41:11 PDT 2013

On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 12:24:18 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I know that you can extend the built-in facilities by
> overriding how assert
> works and the like.

Overriding assert is dangerous because changes behavior of
program itself and lacks context data. Own test runner
implemented using __traits(getUnittests) is perfectly safe.

> And
> since it's frequently for nonsense like making it so that the
> tests continue
> after an assertion fails (which is outright bad practice IMHO),

It is absolutely necessary feature in any big project of you want
to keep reasonable edit-build cycle times. Tests are always
hierarchical naturally, there is no reason to stop the world if
completely unrelated ones fail.

> I have a very
> low opinion of attempts to override the built-in assert for
> unit tests.

You are right here but it is not needed anymore.

> But I really don't see any problem with the built-in
> unit tests facilities and would expect to be against any such
> submission,

There is nothing wrong with built-in ones, just some higher-level
tools on top of them are lacking.

> But I guess
> that we'll just have to wait and see what gets submitted for
> review, if
> anything.

Exactly, lets argue in time ;)