dunit 0.7.0 released

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 01:05:45 PDT 2013

On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 11:58:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I confess that I don't understand why anyone is creating any
> unit test
> projects for D, and I'd likely vote against any attempt to add
> such a thing to
> Phobos. D has built in unit testing functionality, and it works
> great. Maybe
> some additional assert-like functions could be useful (similar
> to assertThrown
> or assertNotThrown), but we really don't need much beyond what
> the language
> provides.
>
> - Jonathan m Davis

I have to almost completely disagree with you here. I often find
myself rolling my own small testing extensions for the built in
unittests, and a standard solution is sorely needed. The only
thing I agree with you on is that any such solution would
probably be better off not overriding assertion behaviour, but as
Dicebot said, that's no longer necessary.