Mono-D 0.5.4.1 - Build, completion & other fixes + Unittests via rdmd

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:59:02 PDT 2013

On 23 October 2013 01:02, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 22 October 2013 15:58, David Nadlinger <code at klickverbot.at> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 22 October 2013 at 14:39:55 UTC, Manu wrote:
> >>
> >> Well whatever object format it is, it seems it's not COFF by default,
> >> [...]
> >

> > ---
> > $ gcc --version && gcc -c test.c && file test.o
> > gcc.exe (rubenvb-4.8.0) 4.8.0
> > Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
> NO
> > warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
> PURPOSE.
> >
> > test.o: MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
> > ---
> >

> Thanks for having faith in my words... :o)

...okay. Ignore me!
You said "GCC _is able_ to emit COFF object code", which didn't make it
sound like it did, or at least not by default. Which seemed to match my
experience (from years ago).
I recall a conversation with Daniel Green about making a special
COFF-outputting toolchain for me.
So what debuginfo is in there then? MS link.exe seemed to ignore it.

So, you are saying that GDC does output COFF by default? And is debuggable
by gdb?
I'm thoroughly confused now, this seems to contradict past experiences.
Apparently I've been smoking a lot of crack...
What are the object+debuginfo formats supported by LDC?