Start of dmd 2.064 beta program

eles eles at eles.com
Thu Oct 31 08:22:56 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 15:13:20 UTC, dennis luehring
wrote:
> Am 31.10.2013 16:01, schrieb eles:
>> On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 14:57:15 UTC, dennis luehring
>> wrote:
> i don't see any chance/strategy to get D in your current
> development - so if you don't want to code Python ("I WANT
> pointers") anymore - try to
> find a job where you can write C/C++ or D - or else your need
> (and real hard interest to get your Boss in the Boart) for D
> seems to be not big enough - i would quit my job very fast if
> someone forces me to write Python code most of the time - thats
> all

Frankly, just stop advising me to take a new job. It is the kind
of advice that I really find intrusive and unbearable.

I do critical software and is 90% C. Is for embedded devices that
are great chances that you already used.

I use Python for py.test because it is the company policy and
tradition, but I am not forced to like Python.

Let's keep the discussion in the terms of languages, not personal
problems. I would never allow myself to tell you what you should
do with your car, house, job or life.

BTW, my boss is very kind and nice, but he is concerned about how
the tools would increase productivity. It is he who is
responsible for the budget in front of, guess it, his boss.

Otherwise, no, I would simply quit D instead of my job. And this
neither, I don't want to do it.

Please, stop advising me in matters that I consider should remain
of my personal competence.