Start of dmd 2.064 beta program

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Thu Oct 31 11:41:35 PDT 2013

dennis luehring, el 31 de October a las 18:25 me escribiste:
> Am 31.10.2013 17:44, schrieb Leandro Lucarella:
> >dennis luehring, el 31 de October a las 15:28 me escribiste:

> >>sorry, but this is a very stupid comment:
> >>
> >>1. never ever was a language successful(or not) because
> >>of its file-extension behavior - maybe in your world
> >>
> >>2. i hope there is no other tool around try to find/analyse/whatever
> >>real Python programs by using the extension - else you need to
> >>change that anyway
> >>
> >>3. "My boss is right: is just a toy pretending to be serious" -
> >>maybe, maybe not - but not because of your stupid file extension
> >>comments
> >
> >I think even when the wording isn't the best, what he says is true.
> >Sometimes is hard to sell the language when things that are so trivial
> >and fundamental (as letting file names have arbitrary names, at least
> >for scripts) not only are broken, but are justified by the community.
> >
> >That's definitely not serious and discouraging.
> >

> sorry for my wording - but pressure sentence like "My boss is right:
> is just a toy pretending to be serious" aren't fair also

Let's see if this makes both sides happy:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2700

(I still don't see any reason to enforce any extension, ever, but this
at least fixes the more pressing issue, hopefully with less resistance)