[OT] My C++ talk at GoingNative 2013

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 03:10:57 PDT 2013

On Monday, 9 September 2013 at 16:43:54 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1m1izv/goingnative_2013_writing_quick_code_in_c_quickly/
>
> Andrei

So I'll jump in as I've seen the conf before that post.

It is really worthwhile to watch. Quite informative on the
technical side (funilly, I did implement the solution presented
in the devirtualization part on a platform where virtual function
were not available because of crappy compiler, but had no idea it
was worthwhile for speed, it wasn't the goal so I never measured,
and it also may not the case on the given plateform).

Many discussed subject apply as well to D. By the way, what is
the state of std.bitmanip in comparison to what is presented in
the conf ?

Also, Andrei, did you try LLVM/clang ?

Related to going native, Chandler the discussion on signess of
integers and I really wonder if we should follow the rule that
make unsigned spread like a virus, as C does.