vibe.d 0.7.17 released

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Tue Sep 10 10:37:20 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 17:13:09 UTC, Daniel Davidson
wrote:
> Thanks for the great work!
>
> Do you think you are closer to feeling comfortable including in
> some benchmark sites (e.g. maybe add to
> http://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r5)?
>
> Thanks
> Dan

I think I can safely answer this question in absence of Sonke as
someone subscribed to vibe.d commit log :)

It was asked and answered:
forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.vibed/thread/1670
- not much has changed since then. Basically, almost all popular
benchmarks tends to focus on speed of utility modules, not speed
of HTTP server / application router itself. That is something
that has never been tested or put serious efforts into.

Area where vibe.d truly shines performance-wise is core request
handling framework and I am not aware of any public benchmark
game in that domain.

Now, if someone takes the time to run those tests manually and
tell how bad situation really is - that stuff would have been
really interesting to learn :)