DCD: Autocomplete without the IDE

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Sep 15 05:38:02 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-01 12:58, Brian Schott wrote:
> * What is it?
> DCD is a client and server program that work together to provide
> autocomplete suggestions and function call tips to almost any text
> editor that supports scripting or plugins.

I'm thinking about adding support for this to TextMate. But as soon as
one adds this to an editor a bunch of new issues appears, which I'm
trying to figure out.

* When to start/stop the server. I'm, at least as a start, going to try
and implement this as a bundle command and not a plugin. A bundle
command basically is a script that is run when a key is pressed

* How to deal with import paths? TextMate doesn't have any kind of build
configuration. I need to be able to specify, except for the current
project, the path to the standard library and possibly paths for other
projects. I have an idea how to do this, using custom keys in the
project specific settings, but I'm wondering how this is solved in other
editors.

* How to deal with multiple sessions/projects? Should I have one server
running per session/project? Say I have two different projects, both
with the symbol "foo.bar". I don't want those to cause conflicts.

--
/Jacob Carlborg