GDC ARM beta #1 (with binary releases!)

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Tue Apr 1 22:02:09 PDT 2014

On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 14:07:13 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the first GDC ARM beta on behalf of the
> GDC
> team :)

Cool!

Just tried building it with crosstools-ng on my poor old laptop,
and 90 minutes in it gives me

/home/ellery/Downloads/pitools/.build/src/gcc-custom/libphobos/libdruntime/core/threadasm.S:387:
Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `vpop
{d8-d15}'

Any thoughts? My guesses are 1. set Default Instruction Set to
thumb (?) or 2. the submodules didn't update on git pull. But
I've gotten a working compiler out of this config before, from
Mr. Pfau's fork a few months ago, so prolly not 1.

I'd test these myself, but I don't have a spare 180 minutes
tonight..

gdc-4.8 branch; gcc-4.8.1, should be the linaro source, but not
sure