Interesting rant about Scala's issues

Bienlein jeti789 at web.de
Fri Apr 4 03:40:16 PDT 2014

On Friday, 4 April 2014 at 07:43:22 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> Java came up with it most likely as it was the way in Smalltalk.

That's right. As Smalltalk is dynamically typed it is not an
issue there anyway and Java to begin with had to parameterized
types till JDK4.

>I guess you need to be more up to date to Scala news. :)
>https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/scala-internals/6HL6lVLI3bQ/IY4gEyOwFhoJ
>https://github.com/lampepfl/dotty

Interesting. But it kind of looks like yet another academical
thing similar to Scala. To me Kotlin is the better "Scala done
right" language. But I won't play with it until I see its
compiler speed being a lot better than with Scala ...