I'm joining Facebook

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 03:13:57 PDT 2014

Well, I didn't considering this D.announce worthy, but Andrei
suggested I post the news.

As the title suggests, after over 5 years in the games industry
I've decided to shake things up a bit and join Facebook at their
London office.

Unfortunately, that's about all there is to say at the moment!
I'm starting at the end of May and that's when I'll figure out
what project I'll be working on (as Andrei has mentioned before,
you aren't hired for a particular role at Facebook, but as a
general engineer and you decide on your project during your first
6 weeks at "bootcamp"). It will most likely be
tools/infrastructure work of some sort.

To be clear, I haven't been hired for anything specifically D
related, but it goes without saying that I'll continue to be a D
evangelist ;-)

Huge thanks to Andrei for referring me, and to Facebook for
hiring me!